1987 MERCEDES BENZ 560SL
For the past several years, we have seen the 560SL’s go from being just a used Benz to collector status. I mean, why not? MB quality, great looks, and ride and a V8! This one is another offering from RM Sothebys in their online auction from Palm Beach. What we like about this car is it is being offered with no reserve. What we don’t like is the color (white) and the fact no hardtop is included. But while the estimate is $40,000 to $45,000, the current bidding is at $12,500. Someone might be getting a great deal on this iconic 80’s attention-getter.
- Offered from The Belle Meade Collection
- 5.6-liter V-8 engine; automatic transmission
- Originally purchased new in California
- Air conditioning; power windows, steering, and brakes
- Beautiful interior and wood
- Equipped with aftermarket Kenwood AM/FM radio
- Rides on chrome-plated wheels
Someone should be happy tonight with their new 560SL. Estimate was $40,000 to $50,000 for the MB ragtop. Hammered “all in” at $27,500! Well bought!!