More than $45 Million for Mecum Monterey 2023
Mecum announced that they sold a total of more than $45 million at their Daytime Auction in Monterey last week. A significant portion of total sales came from private collections, with those totaling over $19.2 million.
Ferraris were a force at Mecum’s Monterey sale, taking seven of the top ten most expensive sales. The 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB/6C Alloy Berlinetta was the top priced lot selling for $3,410,000 with a 1990 Ferrari F40 taking the second spot at $2,530,000.
Other notable sales in the top ten include a 1969 Dodge Hemi Daytona that sold for $880,000 and the 1971 Chevrolet Corvette ZR2 Convertible that went for $863,500.
The full list of the top ten most expensive cars sold by Mecum in Monterey is:
- 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB/6C Alloy Berlinetta (Lot F84) at $3,410,000
- 1990 Ferrari F40 (Lot S96) at $2,530,000
- 1965 Ferrari 500 Superfast Series II (Lot F89) at $1,842,500
- 1968 Ferrari 330 GTS (Lot F91) at $1,760,000
- 1965 Ferrari 275 GTS (Lot F115) at $1,650,000
- 1963 Ferrari 250GT/L Lusso (Lot F85) at $1,650,000
- 1956 Porsche 356A 1500 GS Carrera Speedster (Lot F96) at $935,000
- 1969 Dodge Hemi Daytona (Lot S128) at $880,000
- 1971 Chevrolet Corvette ZR2 Convertible (Lot S97) at $863,500
- 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Spider Conversion (Lot F122) at $671,000