More than 1,000 vehicles sold by Mecum
Mecum recently showed the collector car world that they could indeed multitask with the best. They conducted two simultaneous auctions 600 miles apart!
One of the events, Mecum Chicago 2022, was held Oct. 13-15 in Schaumburg, Illinois, and brought $15.2 million in total sales, while the other, Mecum Chattanooga 2022, was held Oct. 14-15 at the Chattanooga Convention Center in Tennessee and reached overall sales totals of $21.2 million. In all, the auction house achieved a grand total of $36.4 million in total overall sales for the weekend with 1,052 vehicles sold of the 1,433 offered. A very impressive feat.
Convertibles ruled the day down south with a beautifully restored 1968 Shelby GT500KR taking the first place honors at a $302,500 selling price and a 1957 Chevrolet Corvette coming in second at a price of $220,000. Following those great cars came the trucks in third and fourth. A 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor with just 32.6 miles sold for $209,000 and a 2020 Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG with a Brabus 800 kit and the AMG Night Package brought $187,000. The 3,668-mile 2007 Ferrari F430 Spider became the auction’s fifth highest seller at $183,700.
The complete top 10 collector car sales at the Mecum Chattanooga 2022 auction are:
1. 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible at $302,500
2. 1957 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible at $220,000
3. 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor at $209,000
4. 2020 Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG at $187,000
5. 2007 Ferrari F430 Spider at $183,700
6. 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS Convertible (Custom) at $181,500
7. 1953 Packard Caribbean Convertible at $165,000
8. 2023 Chevrolet Corvette 70th Anniversary Convertible at $159,500
9. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe at $145,750
10. 2022 Ford Shelby GT500 at $137,500
In Chicago top sales were led by a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Apocalypse Hellfire 6×6 that sold for $198,000 and a multiple-time Top Flight-winning 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible became the second highest selling vehicle with a sale price of $181,500. Coming in third was a custom 2022 Bronco Raptor at $170,500. Next in line was a 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible at $167,750 followed by a beautiful red 1962 Ford Thunderbird Sports Roadster at $165,000.
The complete top 10 collector car sales at the Mecum Chicago 2022 auction are:
1. 2021 Jeep Gladiator Apocalypse Hellfire 6×6 (Lot S193.1) at $198,000
2. 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S100) at $181,500
3. 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor (Lot S103) at $170,500
4. 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible (Lot S163) at $167,750
5. 1962 Ford Thunderbird Sports Roadster (Lot S151) at $165,000
6. 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor (Lot S85.1) at $143,000
7. 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6 (Lot S129) at $132,000
8. 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6 (Lot S119) at $126,500
9. 1968 Dodge Charger R/T (Lot S132.1) at $126,500
10. 2019 Ford Shelby Super Snake (Lot F85) at $104,500
Mecum still has more to offer us this year with its Las Vegas sale in November and Kansas City a few weeks later. While they aren’t showing any simultaneous auctions on their calendar at this point, we look forward to seeing even more weekends like this coming from their company!